The Lo-Tow® Katchain Towline Conveyor warehouse and distribution mainline towline conveyor system employs a unique, 2” wide X 3 ½” tall high performance track. The track consists of a steel wrapper, or channel, with a wear strip in the bottom for the chain to ride on, and two wear bars at the top to guide the cart tow pin. The chain rides in this wrapper which is embedded in and anchored to the floor.
The system can be configured as a single or multi-loop with loop-to-loop transfers. It can include powered and non-powered spurs, precision and non-precision stops. It can also be configured for multi-floor operation via ramps or elevators.
Benefits of Katchain Towline Conveyor:
- Low initial investment
- Rapid Return on Investment (ROI)
- Reduced labor requirements
- Four-side cart access for improved productivity
- High volume transport for improved throughput
- Easy integration with off-line automation or processes
- Long, trouble-free service life
- Control system interface with WMS or MES
Katchain Towline Conveyor Features:
- Heavy-duty track for up to 5,000 lb. wheel loads
- High strength, heat treated conveyor chain in 4” or 6” pitch
- Reliable, application proven drive
- Automatic chain lubricator and cleaner
Track sections are supplied in standard 10’-0 lengths and cut to length in the field for customized installation. Standard straight track is designed for a 5,000 lb. wheel load. A heavy-duty version of this track is available with a 10,000 lb. wheel load for aisle crossings and other high traffic areas.
Options for Katchain Towline Conveyor:
- Chain cleaner/air blow off
- Specialized chain oiler
- Right and left hand drives
- Plastic turns
- Roller chain turns
- Heavy-duty track with 10,000 lb. capacity
- Extra welds and wide top wear bars on track
- WMS, WES, MES software integration
The Katchain Towline Conveyor system uses an endless loop of heat-treated conveyor chain available in a 4” or 6” pitch. Chain lengths and pusher spacings are available in 8″ or 1′ increments. A moveable guide bar positions the KAT drive chain with the conveyor tow chain to assure proper mesh.
Drive dogs incorporated into a uniquely fabricated roller chain are the main driving component of the KAT drive. A moveable guide bar assures proper mesh between the drive chain and the conveyor tow chain for efficient, precision movement.
A broad range of cart styles and designs is available for installation in the Katchain system, allowing it to handle any demanding, heavy-duty items and conveyance challenge.
The Katchain Towline conveyor control system can be fully integrated with offline processes, WMS and MES.