Ensure Efficient Inventory Retrieval with Stock Putaway Operations
Strategic planning for efficient warehouse management greatly depends on proper storage configuration and stock putaway operations.
The SI-IWS Software Warehouse provides many features to accommodate a multitude of stock putaway operations, configurations and procedures to ensure efficient inventory retrieval.
Stock putaway operations allows storage location suggestions at the time of induction, or at one or more dedicated putaway stations. In many applications, received materials may be staged at specified zones for later putaway by mobile operators.
Stock putaway operations are based on SKU profile data supplied by the customer, including: cube and/or velocity classifications, UOM, min/max levels, quantity limitations and lot commingling rules. For stock putaway operations locations under control of automated material handling devices (such as automated carousels), specific optimization rules may be selectively applied.
The following stock putaway operations features are available to increase the throughput and accuracy:
- Configurable location selection algorithms
- Putaway by light, ticket, label or work list
- Lights identify location and/or batch member
- Unlimited locations for any Item/UOM
- Min/Max levels by item, UOM and zone
- Selective UOM segregation (unit, case, pallet)
- Fixed and/or random locations by item and zone
- Batch putaway in automated or static storage
- Selective commingling by location or item
- Scan verify by location, item and or container
- Hot putaway by single item or batch
- Real-time storage notification to host