Career and Employment Opportunities
SI Systems, a subsidiary of Paragon Technologies, Inc., has a rich tradition of creating Career and Employment Opportunities as well as been a key player in the material handling industry for more than half a century.
SI Systems provides software and hardware technologies, products, and services for material flow applications. Products include a range of robotic A-Frame dispensing technologies, carousels, VLMS, bombay sorters, WES, WMS, WCS software and Lo-Tow in-floor towline conveyor systems.
SI Systems provides aftermarket spare parts, equipment, and support services to our wide range of customers including those in: healthcare, pharmaceuticals, cosmetics, optical care music, gaming, entertainment, ecommerce, omnichannel, wholesale, retail, government, and institution industries. Below are our available Career and Employment Opportunities we are currently looking to fill:
SI Systems Available Career and Employment Opportunities:
FUNCTION: Applications Engineering Supply Chain/Logistics Industry
Analyzes customer’s warehousing, distribution, and/or manufacturing requirements to formulate and define mechanical aspects of automated material handling systems including A-Frame, dispensing, warehouse software and towline product lines.
B.S. Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering or equivalent.
- Understand, implement robotic automation solutions in support of Company’s A-Frame, dispensing, warehouse software, VLM’s and other technologies.
- Conduct studies of customers’ operations and proposed applications. Participate in technical investigations, perform engineering calculations, statistical analysis, simulation modeling, and document control system requirements.
- Formulate and define engineering and design aspects of technically feasible, cost-effective system solutions with related documentation, utilizing conveyor, rack, shelving, carousels, VLMs, A-Frames, pick-to-light, RF, warehouse software, controls, sorters, shuttle systems, ASRS, etc.
- Create system design to meet customer operational requirements. Determine requirements for and coordinate completion of drawings and material lists for estimates. Perform technical writing of proposals.
- Collaborate design concepts with potential customers.
- Provide ongoing technical assistance to project team members during job execution.
- Support project management on all aspects of an installation.
- Automated material handling equipment and systems including dispensing, A-Frames, warehouse software and VLM’s.
- Proven track record of relevant Engineering experience.
- Passion and motivation to create best in class automation solutions.
- Knowledge of sales channels, company markets, and competitive markets.
- Ability to communicate ideas, both verbally and in writing.
- Competent understanding of automated tooling solutions.
- Perform work in an organized and efficient timely manner with attention to detail.
- Possess highest standards of integrity.
- Utilize judgment, analytical, and problem-solving capabilities effectively.
- Strong proficiency in mathematical computation, precise attention to detail, and interpretation of engineering drawings.
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD, Microsoft Word, Access and Excel
HANDLING OF SENSITIVE INFORMATION:
Is cognizant of job costs, profit margins, and engineering status. Must exercise caution and good judgment in dissemination of this sensitive information to customers, other company employees, and outside organizations.
Advanced mechanical knowledge as applied to integrated material handling systems. Extensive applications experience and/or knowledge that includes standard engineering practices and principles, application engineering and operational analysis in automated and manual material handling technologies utilized in integrated systems.
Regional Sales Manager
This position will be expected to generate revenue by selling SI Systems WES (Warehouse Execution Systems) software and high speed order fulfillment A-frame systems to corporate customers/prospects or key partners (dealers/integrators) in the south west territory. The candidate should expect to spend up to 50% of their time traveling in front of prospects and customers. Responsible for development and successful close of system sales for assigned territory. Perform systems application consulting and design.
The ideal candidate has a winning attitude. Experience in creating, developing and utilizing multiple go to market channels and a proven track record of success in selling warehouse software (inventory management, WCS or WMS) and automated order fulfillment equipment solutions is important (A-frame and dispensing a plus). The candidate should also have existing industry contacts and relationships
Broad knowledge of sales, CRM, marketing strategies, financial and personnel leadership/management, capital goods manufacturing and systems integration within the material handling industry. College degree
- Ability to work in a self-sufficient environment with minimum supervision
- Excellent communication skills
- Prospect, follow-up, and qualify all sales leads and update CRM
- Develop and execute effective sales strategy and attain established sales goals for assigned territory, market, or product line within established budget
- Evaluate customer needs, gather appropriate data, define and communicate system requirements, and assist with proposal details
- Prepare and deliver formal group and individual client presentations and proposals
- Coordinate client visits to SI headquarters or operating system installations, effectively utilizing corporate support personnel
- Develop and execute a closing strategy, including final negotiation of sales price or terms and conditions of sale, within established guidelines
- Participate in national or regional trade shows
- Remain informed on competitors’ products, pricing policies, business situation, and competitive strategy
- Provide market and client feedback regarding SI product, service, or competition for product improvement and new product or market development
- Create and compile corporate rolling forecast of major accounts and prospects and other sales related reports electronically
- Document customer communications, and establish and maintain customer files
- Assist in preparation of system layouts, budgetary pricing, and proposal documentation